Mission & Values
EDequity.Global is a global coalition of partners advancing technology education and economic equity for women and BIPOC youth leveraging best-in-class technology workforce tools to accelerate digital learning.
Our free annual event, The Global Challenge, launched in 2019, has the potential to reach millions of women, marginalized students and entrepreneurs through our 45+ education, government and corporate partners. EDequity.Global operates in partnership with Systemic Diversity & Inclusion Group a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Now, more than ever, is the time to provide in-demand computing skills, training and a connection to jobs that pay a living wage. Emerging technology is significantly transforming the way we work and live. We believe that marginalized communities should not be excluded from the opportunities that these changes create.
Innovative Collaboration for Global Impact
Anticipated Outcomes & Our Global Goals:
- Put technology in the hands of women, underrepresented highered students and entrepreneurs.
- Use technology education as a meaningful tool for improving people’s lives and solving some of society’s biggest challenges - addressing the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
- Explore how companies and governments can collaborate with educators to prepare students for the #FutureOfWork and #Entrepreneurship.
- Increase female and youth civic participation and advance more inclusive education and economic policies.
- Help female and underrepresented youth find career training, mentorship, leadership development, networking opportunities, employment and funding in a tech industry that is predominantly male and white.
- In rapid response to COVID-19, fuel progress in the area of economic opportunity and tech education for global women and BIPOC youth.
Executive Leadership Team
SHAUNA (OENNING) RUYLE
Founder & Executive Director, EDequity.Global, MBA, AWS Cloud Practitioner
Co-Founder EDequity.Global & Girls Code Initiative, UK
Cybersecurity Leader, Solutions Architect at Cisco
Founder De Cero a Ciencia De Datos, Data Engineer at Brightcove, Guadalajara, Mx
LAURIE (TEAL) CAREY
CEO Nebula Academy, Founder & Chairman at We Connect The Dots, Inc.
Software Engineer at ThingLogix, Inc
Early Childhood Curriculum Coordinator Cluster4Kidz Limited, Jos, Plateau, Nigeria
ML/AI Leader & Entrepreneur
Program Lead at Tech4Dev Nigerian Women Techsters Initiative & Nakise Employability Program
Program Facilitator at Tech4Dev
SABRINA SANDERS, Ed.D.
Director Student Affairs Programs & Initiatives, CSU Office of the Chancellor
Founder at Sister Cities Project & Youth Campaigns
Marketing Executive, Baker Hostetler
BRIGANTE S. HILL MSc.,BA,ATS
Channel Director, Global Systems Integrators & Enterprise Security Solutions at Accedian
Advisor-3SN Global Impact Capital, MMBI-Project Lead, CEO-SusanJosephLLC
Business Development at Opsani
Engineering Leader -Principal Engineer – Mentor
Author, Founder, Traveler, Pioneer of Complete CRM
Investment Management Intern at KG Funds Management LLC
Back-End Engineer & Web Developer Founder & CEO African Savannah Girl, LLC & Ceejama Websites
Developer Advocate at SendBird
FRANCISCO FUENTES, Ph.D.
Alexa & Al
UX/UI Design for voice
FRANCISCO FUENTES, Ph.D.
Stanford Design Thinking
Judges By Invitation Only
Kjell Hegstad aka
Digital Viking, Chief Innovation Officer @ CirrusLabs
Dr. Silvia Mah
PhD, MBA, Founding Partner of Ad Astra Ventures
Creative Director, Vocala.co
Mary Bonk Isaac, Ph.D., Founder, HEDGE Co
Creating Coding Careers CEO