The Future of Work Has Changed.
Lucky for you, we saw this coming.
Global Amazon Alexa Skills Challenge
JAN 9 – FEB 13, 2021
Kick-start your artificial intelligence (AI) journey and the economy with the Global Amazon Alexa Skills Challenge – Free virtual training for beginner-level women, underrepresented college/university students and entrepreneurs from any country - in which all participants are legal adults (the age of majority varies by country). Use your voice for change! Let’s imagine what the post-COVID future can be. Do you have an innovative business idea for an Alexa Skill that addresses one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? The aim is to exchange and implement ideas for urgently needed solutions to current global challenges. Students will discover the latest in voice technology and learn how to shape the future with voice.
Amplify Your Voice! Your Future. Your Country.
For Women, Historically Underserved, First-Generation College/University Students & Entrepreneurs
Innovate, Create & Explore a New Career Pathway!
5-Week Free Tech Education Program
- AWS Training – Learn Your Way. Learn In-Demand Cloud Skills with Self-Paced Digital Training, Videos, Workshops, Discussions, Mentoring & Coaching.
- Get UX/UI Design Guidance, Build Your Alexa Skill, Publish, Monetize and More!
- Surprise Speakers
- Packed Full of Learning & Fun!
Student Builders & Youth Innovators
- Participate in a Diverse, Equitable, Inclusive Learning Culture
- Fun Global Team Forming Exercise, or Form Your Own
- Connect With Youth Innovators & Industry Experts From Across The Globe!
Mentors & Judges
- Virtual Team Mentoring & Coaching
- Tech Industry All-Star Mentors & Judges
- Fast Pitch Demos
- Win Scholarships Toward AWS Training & Certification!
Global Goals – Local Leaders
- Build an Alexa Skill that Addresses a United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
- Why the SDGs Matter
- Develop Your Leadership Skills
- Join the World Stage. Be a Game Changer.
Current Capacity Limit = 200 Students.
Win Scholarships Toward AWS Training & Certification!
9 top teams will fast pitch their solutions to a virtual audience of tech industry all-star judges, VCs, business leaders, and entrepreneurs all at the EDequity.Global competition.
Future-Proof Your Career!
COVID-19 has raised the economic stakes.
COVID-19 has caused the worst global recession since WWII.
COVID-19 could wipe out 195 million jobs worldwide.
COVID-19 could push 150 million people into extreme poverty – with women and people of color disproportionately affected.
Technological adoption and innovation have accelerated since March, and automation is perhaps now a bigger threat than it has ever been to low- and middle-income workers.
90% of the world’s students are affected by temporary school, college and university closures.
Learn In-Demand Cloud Skills for FREE While Solving Some of Society’s Biggest Challenges!
"For our students to succeed, we should take responsibility for them as a community, not just equip them with appropriate technology". Thank you for organizing the event and the fellow panel experts for the fruitful discussion on how we can empower even the most disadvantaged students during these difficult times.”